Need within an Hour
Within just 100-150 words describe the following. Must include a reference in APA.
· Describe the key motives involved in the increased presence of Westerners in India, China, and Japan in the 1700s and 1800s.
· Identify the key factors that led to Britain’s successful imposition of its presence and trade policies on China, despite communications like those from Emperor Ch’ien-lung (i.e., Qianlong) and Commissioner Lin Zexu (i.e., Lin Tse-hsu).
· Argue for or against the British policies regarding China in the 1800s, using analogies from our own modern times.
• Opium Wars and the Opening of China at http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/0/20428167
• Opium Wars with visuals at http://ocw.mit.edu/ans7870/21f/21f.027/opium_wars_01/ow1_essay01.html
• Key documents from China at http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/1793qianlong.asp