Using the information pictured in the links above:
1. Explain what the relevant entries are and how you would assign attributes to them.
2. Explain what the primary key would be for each entity
3. Explain to me how you would establish relationships and relationship rules between entities.
4. Produce an Entity-Relationship Model to demonstrate the relationship.
5. Add foreign key/s to the relevant entity/entities to enable the relationship to be established.
The requirements for the work to be a pass:
Candidates will need to provide evidence to demonstrate their Knowledge and/or Skills by showing that they can: extract key information needs from source documents and produce design notes detailing relevant data to be stored in a relational database. Design notes will include:
- Entity Relational Modelling approach to demonstrate relationships between appropriate tables/entities
- use of database notation to define table/entity content including primary and foreign keys
- set referential integrity between tables and justification of cascade update and cascade delete
The resulting relational database should comprise three tables
The tables should include:
- valid data field names
- data types of one occurrence of date/time, number, text and currency
- customised field sizes appropriate to field content
- primary and foreign keys
- referential integrity rules applied