Each discussion question can be about 1/2 page and some of these may require reference.
Discussion Question 1
Engaging in a political process enables a nurse leader to influence others in order to achieve a set of professional goals. Conduct extensive research on the importance of political process in nursing, and answer the following questions:
- How can average nurses be involved in the political process?
- What do you do or should do in order to become more politically active?
Discussion Question 2
Effective leadership can help nurse leaders to bring about a desirable change within the system. Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, gain adequate insight into change theories and change management, and answer the following questions:
- What does it mean to be a change agent? Give two examples of when you were a change agent or witnessed another nurse as a change agent.
What happened and how did the change occur?
Discussion Question 3
It is said that, “men are from Mars and women are from Venus.”
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, read more about this statement. Based on your research and understanding, answer the following questions:
- Have you seen this kind of difference in communication style between men and women? Provide examples.
- How can this gender gap in communication be bridged?
Discussion Question 4
With a society that is so diverse in its own nature, issues pertaining to cultural diversity are bound to occur in the process of team management and leadership.
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, research about cultural diversity. Based on your research and understanding, answer the following questions:
- How does having members of different cultures on a team affect the team’s performance?
How would you incorporate a person from a culture of your choice into your team, keeping in mind communication differences within your and the chosen culture?
Discussion Question 5
Review the article at http://www.healthcarereformmagazine.com/article/technology-innovation-us-healthcare.html.
Based on your analysis and understanding of the article, answer the following questions:
- What are the two most important reasons for why technology is not adopted? What can be done about them?
- What are the ways these two issues can be resolved? Explain.
Discussion Question 6
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, research about nursing informatics or technologies used in nursing. Based on your research, answer the following questions:
- What technology does your facility use?
- How has it improved patient care or outcomes?
What can be done to make it more useful or to further improve patient care or outcomes?