In Managing Conflict Through Communication Edition 5 by Dudley C. Cahn and Ruth Anna Abigail, Chapter 1 examines the nature of conflict. What is conflict? Is it better to deal with it or avoid it? How does it differ from conflict management? Can we be more civil in our response to conflict? Chapter 1 attempts to answer these basic questions about the nature of conflict and how we can better handle it. The purpose of this essay is to apply correctly the key concepts, principles, and suggestions from Chapter 1 to conflicts in your life.
In 250-500 words, write a brief essay in which you apply key concepts and suggestions from Chapter 1 to your own life situation, past, present, or future. The Objectives and Key Terms at the top of Chapter 1 identify the key concepts in the chapter. Address the following questions in your essay:
• Define and explain two key concepts from the reading that stood out to you; please include page numbers, cite from the textbook, and end the essay with a reference to the textbook (citations/ references should be in APA style).
• Include suggestions the authors make that would help you better manage conflicts (again include page numbers and references to the textbook)
• Then explain how you could use the concepts that you identified to better manage a conflict in the past, present, or future.
Your essay must meet the following criteria:
• Minimum/maximum (250-500 words) limit
• Identified 2 key concepts per chapter, defined, and explained them (key concepts are printed in bold in the text).
• Identified at least one suggestion from the chapter.
• Cited the text (with page numbers) and referenced it at the end of the essay.
• Written in the APA style using the correct grammar and spelling