Select one (1) global industry, such as the automobile or cell phone industry. Next, use the Internet to research three (3) major international competitors within the chosen industry. Take note of manner in which the popular international business press (e.g., newspapers, magazines, e-zines, press releases, etc.) depicts the selected companies.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Compare and contrast the three (3) models of culture. Next, select one (1) of the researched international competitors, and ascertain the model of culture that is most appropriate for the selected international competitor. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Recommend the type of economic system that best relates to each of the researched international competitors. Predict three (3) potential effects of such an economic system on the societies in which the system is involved. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Speculate on the major reasons why certain countries have lagged behind other countries in economic development. Recommend three (3) generic actions that the three (3) researched major competitors could take in order to encourage economic progress within these countries. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Imagine that you have been given the opportunity to lead one (1) of the three (3) researched international competitors. Select one (1) company in which you are interested in leading, and provide a rationale for your choice. Propose the necessary major steps—including education, social development, community activities, bargaining skills, language skills, conflict management skills, etc.—that you would need to take in order to propel you from where you are today to a global leadership / management position at your chosen company.
- Suggest two (2) global changes in expansion, technology, marketing, products, services, human resources, and customer service, etc., that you would make as CEO of the selected international organization from Question 4. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.