Click the link above to submit your assignment.
Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment 2: Organizational Risk Appetite and Risk Assessment
Due Week 4 and worth 70 points
Imagine you have just been hired as an Information Assurance Officer and the leader of business impact analysis (BIA) and risk assessment team for a video game development company. The organization network structure is identified in the network diagram below and specifically contains:
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) has seen reports of malicious activity on the rise and has become extremely concerned with the protection of the intellectual property and highly sensitive data maintained by your organization. As one of your first tasks with the organization, the CIO requests your help.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Conduct an organizational business impact analysis (BIA) and determine which information assets need to have a risk assessment performed.
- Conduct an organizational risk assessment and provide an initial report that includes the following:
- Identify information assets and prioritize identified assets.
- Define risks and prioritize the risks.
- Identify the critical asset(s) and its associated risks.
- Based on your BIA and risk assessment initial report, evaluate the current network and organizational requirements and complete the following:
- Identify one (1) risk that should be accepted by the organization. Explain why.
- Identify one (1) risk that should be avoided by the organization. Explain why and how it should be avoided.
- Identify one (1) risk that should be shared by the organization. Explain why and how it should be shared.
- Identify one (1) risk that should be controlled by the organization. Explain why and how it should be controlled.
- Identify the organization’s risk appetite. Provide the organization with recommendations of where action(s) need to be planned and your approach to mitigate the risks.
- Explain why you have chosen the approach and how it can be completed.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the components and basic requirements for creating an audit plan to support business and system considerations.
- Describe the parameters required to conduct and report on IT infrastructure audit for organizational compliance.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in security strategy and policy formation.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics related to information technology audit and control using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
here to view the grading rubric.